attendees of Office of Inclusion and Diversity event
ASSOCIATE PROVOST AND VICE PRESIDENT
Dr. Taffye Benson Clayton is a nationally known executive administrator and diversity and inclusion leader in higher education. Dr. Clayton is the inaugural Vice President and Associate Provost for Inclusion and Diversity at Auburn University. She serves as the designated executive administrator for coordinating the University’s diversity and inclusion strategy and is the principal advocate and adviser to the President, Provost and senior University leadership on issues of diversity and inclusion. As Chief Diversity Officer, Dr. Clayton leads the Office of Inclusion and Diversity comprised of Women’s and Gender Equity, Diversity Education and Engagement, the Cross Cultural Center for Excellence, and Diversity Strategic Initiatives.
Dr. Clayton is known for her presentations on faculty diversity recruitment and retention, institutionalizing diversity and inclusion in higher education institutions, and translating corporate diversity and inclusion promising practices into the higher education context.
Dr. Taffye Benson Clayton
Associate Provost and Vice President for Inclusion and Diversity
Remembering Dr. Harold A. Franklin
Dr. Harold A. Franklin was the first Black student to attend Auburn University in 1964. He passed away on yesterday at the age of 88. Dr. Franklin was a pioneer and trailblazer and his presence marked an important inflection point in Auburn University’s diversity, equity and inclusion journey. The Cross Cultural Center for Excellence, within the Office of Inclusion and Diversity, supports 24 multicultural student organizations, one of which is named in honor of Dr. Harold A. Franklin.
We honor the life and legacy of Dr. Harold A. Franklin for his contributions to our university. Read Auburn University’s official statement about the life and legacy of Dr. Harold A. Franklin at this link.
Dr. Taffye Benson Clayton
Vice President and Associate Provost for Inclusion and Diversity
MESSAGES AND STATEMENTS FROM THE AP/VP
- Office of Inclusion and Diversity Inclusive Excellence Programing Grant
- Office of Inclusion and Diversity and Graduate School Partner on HBCU Fee Waivers
- Office of Inclusion and Diversity Sponsor 8 Faculty for the Faculty Success Program
- Dr. Taffye Benson Clayton serves as Co-PI for NIH Grant
- Dr. Taffye Benson Clayton’s Statement on Juneteenth
- The Office of Inclusion and Diversity and Auburn University Celebrates Pride Month
- Dr. Taffye Benson Clayton’s Article on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Higher Education Today