Warm greetings from the Women’s Center within the Office of Inclusion and Diversity! We are excited about the 2018 Women’s Leadership Conference, which will be held March 8, 2018. This year’s theme, Innovating a Better Future, will focus on helping women leaders gain the skills needed to create positive in 2018 and beyond.
The Women’s Leadership Conference will bring together innovative and top women leaders to discuss innovation through a panel discussion and breakout sessions. There will be two main tracks: Faculty/Staff/Professional and Student (Graduate and Undergraduate) track. As women continue to face challenges in work places and school environments, it is necessary to provide strategies on how to advance professionally in ways that are personally fulfilling. In addition, our theme this year will assist attendees in identifying steps to effectively communicate their innovative ideas to others.
The conference includes a keynote address by Lauren Washington, developer of the Keep Up app, which is an application that allows individuals and businesses to efficiently manage social media accounts across multiple platforms. Washington also founded Black Women Talk Tech, an event series that supports inclusion and diversity in the startup ecosystem.
The Women’s Leadership Conference will also include a presentation of the Women of Distinction Awards during the lunch session.
Register and encourage others to register online today! Registration can be found at https://aub.ie/2018WLC and deadline for registration is March 1, 2018. Contact Ms. Stephanie Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you!
Dr. Annette Kluck
Assistant Provost for Women’s Initiatives
Office of Inclusion and Diversity
The Women’s Leadership Conference (WLC) is a gathering of women faculty, staff, students, and community leaders who want to use their talents to create positive change. This event focuses on providing ideas and tools for professional advancement for women so that they might best position themselves to utilize their leadership skills.
WLC is designed to provide strategies for attendees to explore professional advancement in ways that are personally fulfilling. In addition, our theme this year, Innovating a Better Future, will help attendees identify steps to effectively communicate their innovative ideas to others as they work in collaborative environments in our ever-changing world.
For additional information, please contact conference chair, Dr. Annette Kluck by email: email@example.com
By attending this Conference, you will:
- Understand how you can use non-traditional interests to create positive disruption
- Learn strategies on how to innovate yourself in moving to the next step of your career
- Gain practical knowledge on how to recognize opportunity and embrace creativity
- Embrace positive disruptions and social entrepreneurship
- Network and share ideas with fellow attendees
Who Should Attend?
WLC is open to all members of the public but recommended for women leaders and all individuals who support women’s advancement, including the following:
- Mentors and Mentees of Young Women Leaders
- Woman Faculty and staff
- Women Students
- Women Community Leaders
- Women’s Initiatives Officers
- Women in Industry
Interested in Sponsorship?
Multiple sponsorship options are available depending on the needs of your organization:
- Table Sponsorship is available for $1,000 and provides registration for 10, priority seating at the lunch session, and recognition in the Conference Program. Please contact Stephanie Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org to Sponsor a Table.
- Conference Sponsorship is available for those organizations that want to be a major sponsor for the 12thAnnual Women’s Leadership Conference. Please contact Edward Reynolds at email@example.com for additional information about levels of Conference Sponsorship.
- Sponsoring of individual attendees is also available. Please contact Stephanie Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org sponsor an individual attendee.
The Women’s Leadership Conference will be held at the Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center. The hotel is located on Auburn’s vibrant College Street and is within walking distance to several shops and restaurants.
The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center
241 S College St
Auburn, AL 36830
The hotel rate for WLC is $129 per night if made by February 4th
Please take note of the following as you plan your trip:
- Hotel is 100% non-smoking
- Check-in: 3:00 PM/ Check –out: 12:00 PM
- All room rates include complimentary basic guestroom Wi-Fi
Additionally, the Auburn & Opelika Tourism Bureau offers diverse lodging options for conference guests.
Registration for the Auburn University’s WLC is now open!
Auburn University Students – $35
Auburn University Faculty/Staff – $50
Non-Auburn Students – $50
Community Members and Other Attendees – $50
Online registrations closes on March 1, 2018
For information on table sponsorships, please contact Ms. Stephanie Patterson.
Please contact Ms. Stephanie Patterson at email@example.com if you are unable to attend and would like to request a refund.
To cancel registration, you must contact us no later than March 1, 2018. No refunds will be given for cancellations made after March 1st.