The Office of Inclusion and Diversity is accepting nominations for the inaugural University Awards for Inclusive Excellence and Diversity. The awards recognize community members whose exceptional contributions help advance the work of diversity and enhance a culture of inclusion at Auburn.
Celebrating extraordinary contributions
Nominees should have demonstrated a record of developing and implementing effective methods in support of institutional diversity and inclusion, and they should also possess practical knowledge of cultural intelligence and humility.
The deadline for nomination submissions is 5 p.m., Thursday, March 15.
Nominations for the University Awards for Inclusive Excellence and Diversity are sought from 8 categories:
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate/Professional Student
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Student Organization
- Community Member or organization
Award recipients will have an established record of:
- Outstanding advocacy for diversity, inclusion and inclusive excellence at the interpersonal, unit and institutional level.
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of diversity and inclusion at Auburn University and/or in the community through scholarship, teaching, service and strategic programming.
- Design and execution of initiatives that cultivate inclusive excellence within the Auburn family.
When describing the nominee’s accomplishments, please explain why the candidate meets the criteria for the award, using the criteria above. Be sure to provide several examples.
A student nominee must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the time of their nomination and when the award is issued. An employee must be a full-time Auburn University faculty or staff member. Nominees who are employed at Auburn University should be engaged in substantial diversity and inclusion work that is beyond their primary responsibilities.
An interdisciplinary collaboration is defined as any joint endeavor or group, including ad hoc committees operating collaboratively on a program or initiative within the university community, and are not limited to formal organizational units.
The awards committee is pleased to accept online nominations from all members of the Auburn community. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 5:00pm. Award winners will be recognized at an awards ceremony on April 18. All student’s, full-time faculty, staff, administrators and community members are eligible for nomination.