National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
Auburn University is now an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides external mentoring and career development resources for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students. The center offers online and on-site training workshops, leadership development programs, individual coaching, and institutional consulting to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance.
Our institutional membership will provide access for all Auburn University faculty, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students to utilize NCFDD’s broad range of online virtual programs and resources including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator – One of NCFDD’s most popular resources, the Monday Motivator is a weekly email that provides positive energy, good vibes, and a productivity tip. Each Monday Motivator is a micro-learning opportunity to reinforce the ideas presented in Core Curriculum webinars.
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars – The NCFDD’s Core Curriculum is designed to teach you the 10 key skills necessary to thrive in the Academy.
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars and Multi-Week Courses – NCFDD offers a variety of Guest Expert Webinars designed to meet the needs of faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students. Their Multi-Week Courses are intensive series offered by expert facilitators to tackle the Academy’s most pressing challenges.
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students – The Dissertation Success Program is designed for doctoral candidates who are focused on finishing their dissertation. The program is built on the assumption that there is only one way to complete a dissertation: write it!
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches – Monthly accountability buddy matching with fellow NCFDD members
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges – The 14-Day Writing Challenge is an opportunity for you to experiment with daily writing in a supportive community and a little dose of electronic love.
- Access to the Member Library, which includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings – Access to NCFDD’s Member Library, which includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To unlock your free Institutional Membership, please complete the following steps:
- Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (that e-mail address must include @auburn.edu)
- Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
Review the listing of other universities who are also institutional members.