Faculty and staff at the Diverse and Women’s New Faculty Reception
The Office of Inclusion and Diversity serves as a vital resource for building unity, equity, and inclusion in the Auburn University community.
Auburn University recognizes and values the considerable educational benefits emanating from diversity as we prepare our students for life and leadership in a multicultural world. Students who interact with and learn about people from a variety of backgrounds are more apt to understand, appreciate, and excel in the community they inhabit. In this context, diversity is aligned with Auburn University’s land-grant mission of providing its students with a superior education in service to the needs of Alabama, the nation, and the world.
The primary purpose of the Office of Inclusion and Diversity is to accomplish the mission set forth in Auburn University’s Strategic Diversity Plan (SDP): Establish diversity as a core value at Auburn University.
New faculty and staff meet at the Diverse and Women’s Faculty Reception
- Create, promote, and encourage a supportive and friendly campus environment that is welcoming and attractive to people of all races, ethnicity, nationalities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, and those with disabilities. (SDP Goal 1)
- Assist Auburn University in its efforts to recruit and retain minority and women faculty, students, and staff at all levels. (SDP Goal 2)
- Develop and strengthen alliances with external communities to support diversity in and outside of Auburn University. (SDP Goal 4)
- Develop efforts that enhance external support for diversity programs and scholarships. (SDP Goal 1,2)
- Foster a community that values diversity through educational and training programs. (SDP Goal 3)
- Regularly monitor and assess Auburn University’s diversity efforts for effectiveness, identify new and better “best practices” for success, and publish reports for dissemination. (SDP Goal 1,5)
MEET THE TEAM
Dr. Taffye Benson Clayton
Vice President and Associate Provost for Inclusion and Diversity
Ada Wilson, JD
Assistant Vice President, Access and Inclusive Excellence
Assistant Director for Inclusive Excellence Initiatives
Coordinator II, Diversity Initiatives